The December Superintendents’ Meeting will be held at each of the three local community colleges on December 7th. The locations and times are as follows:
Iowa School Finance Information Services (ISFIS) will be holding Budget Workshops at each of our three locations in February 2017:
- Marshalltown: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- Cedar Falls: Thursday, February 2, 2017
- Clear Lake: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
All workshops will be held from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Please register online and direct any questions to Marissa Gaal, ISFIS Marketing and Communications Coordinator at 515-251-5970 Ext. 4.
Don’t delay, register now for the Legislative Education & Advocacy Event sponsored by Iowa’s Area Education Agencies! This event will bring together school administrators from across Iowa to learn the most up-to-date legislative insight, and meet with legislators face-to-face at the Capitol.
Make your reservations now to secure a hotel room, if you have not already done so. Details and the event registration link can be found on the Advocacy Day flyer.
A River Hills Consortium meeting will be held on December 7th at 1:30 pm at Hawkeye Community College, following the Superintendents’ meeting. Zoom will be available for those who are unable to attend in person; contact: Rod Ball, AEA 267 Director of Special Programs if you need the Zoom details.
The statewide social studies standards review team needs your help! In an effort to provide all social studies teachers equity in giving the team input on the draft of the new standards, there will be virtual focus group Zoom meetings. This is your chance to provide your input. The dates for each grade/content area are as follows:
- Elementary- December 12, 4:30-5:30 PM
- Middle- December 12, 3:30-4:30 PM
- High School- US history- December 19, 3:30-4:30 PM
- High School- World history- December 19, 4:30-5:30 PM
- High School- Geography- December 20, 4:30-5:30 PM
- High School- Government- December 21, 3:30-4:30 PM
- High School- Economics/Financial Literacy- December 20, 3:30-4:30 PM
- High School- Behavioral Sciences- December 21, 4:30-5:30 PM
If you are interested, please fill out this Google Form https://goo.gl/ofSxKP to provide the date you are interested in attending and your email. A Zoom link will be sent to you prior to the meeting date. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Contact Sara Nickel, AEA 267 Consultant for School Improvement with questions.